- Are you looking for someone to check your grammar or spelling, but afraid of being told to turn your LaTeX paper into a Word file?
- Do you need to translate some Chinese text into English?
- Do you have English text that has been translated from Chinese and want it checked?
- Do you have some Chinese layout that has been translated from English and want it double-checked for formatting no-no’s?
- Do you need layout done?
If you want help in any of these areas, let’s get in touch!
My name is Ambrose and I’m a copy editor, graphic designer and visual artist based in Toronto, Canada. As a 1.5-generation Hong Kong Canadian, I read and write Hong Kong Chinese and also speak Cantonese natively.
I’m not afraid of LaTeX (or APA citations)!
Are you worried that your editor will ask you to convert your LaTeX paper to a Word file? I know how TeX works and how converting LaTeX to Word and back can be fraught with problems, so I won’t ask you to give me a Word file if your paper is written in LaTeX.
I have copy edited research papers and other academic materials, including LaTeX papers shared on Overleaf; most of these papers had citations in either APA or IEEE style. I have also edited magazine articles in Chicago and Canadian Press (CP) styles.
I have translated Christian content from Chinese to English and vice versa, and know the differences between Catholic and Protestant terminologies (which are almost completely different in Chinese).
I also have experience in graphic design, several craft-based art practices (mainly studio ceramics, plus some knowledge in printmaking and bookbinding), and IT (programming and system administration).
How to reach me
Toronto is in Canada’s “Eastern” time zone, which is currently 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT−5).
Typeset in Alegreya, a typeface superfamily designed by Juan Pablo del Peral of Huerta Tipográfica, Argentina. Some icons typeset in Open Iconic, an icon set designed by P.J. Onori, Dave Johnson and Ryan Teuscher of Waybury, San Francisco, United States.
Webfonts delivered with Brick, an open-source webfont service designed by Alfred Xing, Canada.
Artwork for the following used with permission:
- Studio (Craft Ontario) 15, no. 2 (Fall/Winter 2020–2021)
- Studio (Craft Ontario) 14, no. 2 (Fall/Winter 2019–2020)
- Studio (Craft Ontario) 13, no. 2 (Fall/Winter 2018–19)
- Active Voice / Voix active (Editors Canada) 37 (Sept. 2017)
- Craft Ontario 2018 Stewardship Report
Statement of authorship
© 2020 Ambrose Li. Last updated .